STUDENTS (3rd– 6th)
- Do you have any ideas that you think would make a great invention?
- Have you noticed any problems in your life, or the world, that need an invention to solve them?
Join us in the Maker Space (room 5) on Tuesdays & Thursdays after school for Invention Conventions, where we will design & create prototypes of amazing inventions!
Invention Conventions is a state-wide program that uses invention education to teach and strengthen such skills as: problem identification & problem solving, creativity, and entrepreneurship. https://cainventionconvention.org/
With guidance, students will:
- Identify a problem they are passionate about solving
- Research the problem
- Design a plan for a solution
- Build a prototype of their solution
- Test the prototype
- Present the prototype to the world
When and where the inventing will take place:
Duration: November 28-February 28
Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3-4:30, after school, in the Maker Space (room 5)
- Students may join 1 or both sessions per week as an open lab.
- No matter which days they attend, all students will go through the same steps to complete the invention process.